Butter Chicken Recipe – Are you a food lover from India or the south Asian region? Do you like Indian-style curries? Then, this is the right place for you.
India and Pakistan considered the heavens of traditional and spicy food.
which mostly consists of creamy and spicy curries that would make you lick your fingers!
There are uncountable worldwide famous curry recipes that we can refer to in this part of the world, and one such recipe is the Butter Chicken recipe.
Butter Chicken, a traditional Indian dish known as “murgh makhani” in the local language, is one of the most popular recipes you can easily find in any Indian restaurant worldwide.
It’s pretty much similar to chicken tikka masala (famous in Uk).
it was also introduce by Indian chefs in Great Britain.
It is a type of curry made with aromatic golden pieces of chicken, spiced tomatoes, and butter sauce. The sauce is known for its spiciness and rich and creamy texture.
As we have already mentioned above, it originated in India. However, very few people know that it was invented just after the partition of the Indian Sub-continent, and Pakistanis played an important role in developing this recipe.
The curry was originally developed by Kundan Lal Jaggi and Kundan Lal Gujral in 1948, the owners of Motilal restaurant in Delhi, just after they migrated from Peshawar after the partition of the Indian Sub-continent.
The butter chicken curry was made by chance. when they mix leftover tandoori chicken with a tomato gravy rich in butter.
The curry is not only famous in Indian restaurants, as many countries use it in different versions; like in Toronto and the Caribbean,
Best Butter Chicken Recipe
Prepared in cream and a buttery gravy gives the curry a silky and rich texture and taste. Most recipes involve adding a great amount of butter which can leave you feeling sick due to the greasy nature of the curry.
However, starting the recipe with ghee (a refined form of oil) or a combination of half butter and half oil in addition to the cream added in the end will provide the same rich texture to the curry as the authentic one; and will be far less oily, thus being tasty and healthy at the same time.
A milder curry, when compared to other Indian curries, is much more preferred with houses having kids. Depending on your taste, you can control the amount of spiciness you want in the curry.
The recipe starts with the chicken marinated in yoghurt, fresh garlic and ginger, and some spices that you can easily find in the market, which gives it a juicy, tender, and rich texture.
The aromatic golden pieces of chicken served with a creamy and rich curry make you feel out of the world; you can easily make it at your home and eat it with fresh naan or rice.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes ‘
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 5 to 6
- For marinade chicken
- 800 g of boneless chicken; breast or thigh pieces cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoon of garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt; can vary depending upon your taste
For creamy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or (1 tablespoon of butter + 1 tablespoon of oil)
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons of garlic; minced
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 400 g of tomatoes; crushed
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder; this can vary depending on your taste
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of salt; can vary depending upon your taste
- 1 cup of thick cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Take a large bowl, add all chicken marinade ingredients and mix them thoroughly; leave it for at least 30 minutes to an hour; however, it is better to keep it overnight if time allows.
- Take a large pan and heat the oil over medium-high heat; when it starts sizzling, add chicken pieces in batches of two and three so that the pan doesn’t get overcrowded. Fry, the chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side or until it, turns brown; completely frying all of the chicken in the same way and set them aside, remove them from the pan and keep it warm.
- Now add the butter or ghee to the same pan and the chopped onions; cook it for about 6 minutes while scraping the brown bits from the pan.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté it for a minute, then add ground coriander, garam masala, and cumin. Let it cook for about 20-30 seconds while stirring occasionally.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, and red chilli powder into the pan and let it simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes while stirring occasionally; until the sauce thickens and turns deep brown red.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and with the help of a spoon, pour the mixture into a blender; blend it until it smoothens; you may add 1/4 cup of water in doing so.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and stir cream, sugar, and crushed kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves). Add the chicken pieces back into the pan and cook it for 8-10 minutes until it is cooked through and the sauce becomes thick and starts to bubble.
- Take it out in a bowl, garnish it with chopped cilantro, and serve it fresh with hot garlic butter rice or homemade naan.
After reaching this point. we are sure about one thing. you definitely have learned, something new about this homemade butter chicken recipe you were unaware of.
Moreover, now, if you crave something tasty and at the same time also want to eat something healthy instead of your dry meat and vegetables, then you should try out the delicious and creamy butter chicken, and you will be able to prepare them yourself within a couple of minutes.
So, what are you waiting for? Just go and try out our delicious Indian-style butter chicken recipe and enjoy the flavours of these fresh ingredients that will be healthy and simultaneously bring water to your mouth.
Please tell us after making butter chicken using our simple butter chicken recipe, and share how you took your meal to another level of spice and rich flavours.
ALSO READ: Classical French Toast Recipe – To Make Your Breakfast Perfect
One thought on “Simple Butter Chicken Recipe – To Make Indian-Style Butter Chicken At Home”
43 The oral delivery of insulin can prove highly advantageous, as it transports the drug directly to the liver, its primary site of action via portal circulation generic cialis 20mg 397 400 This effect is not limited to thyroid hormone measurements but have also been reported for PTH, DHEA sulfate, estradiol and ferritin