Fruits come under food items that are healthy for us, and we should all have fruits in our daily diet. We all must have eaten different fruits over our lifetime and might be fond of some of them, like apples, mangoes, oranges, strawberries, etc.
However, most of them are season-based and only available for 2-3 months in a year; but banana is one of those evergreen fruits and is open 365 days a year.
Banana Bread Recipe – If you’re a banana lover, you’re more fortunate in terms of fruits than most others. Although banana is available for the whole year, you would surely get bored of just eating a banana daily without any creativity.
So, for all the banana lovers who want to eat bananas all year long without getting bored, we have brought you the best banana bread recipe you could find on the internet with the goodness of butter, eggs, nuts, raisins, and wheat, together with healthy bananas.
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
This banana bread recipe is the best and unarguably well-liked because of its incredibly moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and very soft crumb.
Comparative to other recipes, this one demands more mashed bananas—place 4 medium-sized bananas, or 2 cups, of mashed banana in the mixture. A more significant number of bananas will produce a loaf with more richness, sweetness, and moisture.
The bananas should be broken or sliced into large pieces and added to the bowl of your stand mixer, or you may use a standard mixing bowl and a hand mixer.
Beat low speed, then gradually raise to medium-high as the bananas get mashed. Use the mixing bowl to combine the butter and sugar; place the bananas in a separate container. There’s no need to clean it; a few bits of leftover mashed banana are acceptable.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- 250 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of yogurt or sour cream at room temperature
- 2 cups of ripe bananas; mashed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of walnuts and raisins; chopped (for toppings)
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position, preventing the top of the banana bread from browning too much. Then, preheat the oven to 177 C (350 F).
- Grease a 9 x 5 metal loaf pan with a bit of oil or non-stick spray and set it aside.
- Take a large bowl and add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl. Then whisk it thoroughly so that the ingredients get mixed up together.
- Add unsalted butter and brown sugar into another bowl; you can beat it with a manual or an automatic whisk. Beat it at high speed for about 2 minutes until it gets smooth and creamy.
- Then turn it on medium speed and add eggs one at a time, beating them properly after each. Pour in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined properly.
- Keep the mixer slowly and mix the dry and wet ingredients so that no flour pocket remains. But don’t overmix it; top it with nuts and raisins.
- Put the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake it for nearly 1 hour. However, you should loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 30 minutes in the oven so that the top and sides of the bread don’t get too brown.
- Insert a toothpick in the bread; it will come clean if adequately baked. Then take it out from the oven and set it aside to cool down.
- You can cover and store the banana bread at room temperature for up to 2 days, as it tastes much better on the second day because the flavors get settled together better.
Can I use frozen bananas?
Of course, you can use frozen bananas. Keep the frozen bananas at room temperature until they get soft again, and drain all the excess liquid. Mash the banana properly, but you shouldn’t mash it so much that all of it becomes liquid; keep some chunks in there.
How to store banana bread?
You must follow these steps to store the banana bread for longer.
- Completely cool down the baked banana bread.
- Tightly wrap the slice of banana bread separately or in a group, in 2-3 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped banana bread in a large container and freeze it; you can freeze the banana bread for up to 3-4 months.
Can I substitute brown sugar with something else?
You may feel free to substitute white sugar or coconut sugar instead of brown sugar. Just don’t use any liquid sweetener.
What to do if I don’t have yogurt or sour cream?
If you’re out of yogurt or sour cream, don’t worry because you can use 1/3 cup of mashed bananas (in addition to the original 2 cups), apple sauce, or even pumpkin puree yogurt or sour cream.
After reaching this point, we are sure about one thing; you may have learned something new about this homemade banana bread recipe that you were unaware of.
Moreover, now, if you crave something tasty and at the same time also want to eat something healthy instead of your plain bread, then you should try out the delicious and sweet banana bread, and you will be able to prepare them yourself within a couple of minutes.
So, what are you waiting for? Just go and try out delicious banana bread and enjoy the flavors of these fresh ingredients that will be healthy and simultaneously bring water to your mouth.
Please tell us after making banana bread using our recipe, and share how you took your breakfast and snacking to another level.